|Links | Map Of Cornwall | Free Wallpapers | Contact|
|Home | Photograph Gallery | Search | Print Shop|
22nd December 2014
Photos of Tehidy Cornwall
Click on a photo for much a higher quality version.
About TehidyTehidy Country Park was once owned by the Basset family, a very wealthy local family. Their wealth came from the minerals, mainly tin that was mined from their land. In the 1730s Tehidy House was built with parks and gardens. These are now known as Tehidy Woods. The main house was then used as a hospital in 1918 and has now been turned in exclusive residential apartments. These are mainly owned by high paid executives from the South-East.
The woods are now owned by the local council and can be accessed from a variety of car parks. The woods have a decent amount of signposted walks which vary in difficulty. There is also a large orienteering course around the woods which is used by local schools and community groups. Dogs are only allowed in certain areas of the woods and not around the lakes and local wildlife.
Tehidy Park Golf Club is located next to the woods and offers some beautiful views of the surrounding areas. The course occupies 75 acres of land which was leased from the Basset Family in 1922. In the 1996 the freehold to the land was purchased.
Content copyright Views Of Cornwall all rights reserved.